Forums for the Business Analyst

Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Structured Anal...  Code-based reverse analysis
Previous Previous

Next Disabled
New Post 1/11/2018 11:34 PM
User is offline EminovITAnalyst
2 posts
No Ranking

Code-based reverse analysis 

Dear all, 

Could you please help me with the following question: 

Can a flow-diagram for a processes be generated based on a binary-code(deployed and running on server), which is decompiled to high-level language ? This seems to be the only option to me to produce the flow diagram, since I have no any documentation on the software to describe its flow. 

Best regards, and thank you for your comments. 

New Post 1/13/2018 6:50 AM
User is offline NitWitNick
250 posts
5th Level Poster

Re: Code-based reverse analysis 
I never had to de-compile anything to create a flow chart. I first worked with someone on the application showing me all the screens, menus, reports, etc and went on from there. I Looked at the first thing - what started the application  ... then used system tools to track what other stuff that program was calling and database usage ... I could then write a system flow and list everything that was being used on each module. Look for Original source code somewhere ... in some directory or old back-up ... even contact the programmer that left .... Have Fun.

Previous Previous

Next Disabled
  Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Structured Anal...  Code-based reverse analysis

Community Blog - Latest Posts

Limor Wainstein
Limor Wainstein
Business development broadly refers to activities that create long-term value for an organization by implementing growth opportunities for an organization, such as forming a partnership that helps sell a product in a new market. Sales development, while closely related to business development, is a separate area that entails creating value for ...
0 Responses
EA Learning
EA Learning
On a recent Agile training course, the instructor opened the session by saying “Agile without a plan is just chaos!” I would like to propose that Agile without effective Architecture will eventually lead to chaos, particularly if organisations try to scale their Agile practices without some form of guiding framework. The fundamental r...
0 Responses
Limor Wainstein
Limor Wainstein
Business analysts typically gather and interpret data from many areas within an organization, finding solutions to business problems and improving business processes with all that data. A business analyst may measure and improve on such disparate things as warehouse efficiency and cloud software implementation. A marketing analyst, on the other...
0 Responses

Latest Articles

What’s Hot in the World of Projects
Feb 11, 2018
0 Comments
Since 2009 we have enjoyed reflecting on what’s happened the previous year on projects and making predictions for the upcoming year. Here are so...
Featured Digital Library Resources 
Copyright 2006-2015 by Modern Analyst Media LLC