Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 7/17/2011 8:56 PM
User is offline BA Jr.
1 posts
No Ranking

UML 1.0 vs UML 2.0 

Hi,

This is my first post so bare with me if I'm posting in the wrong place.

My question is, I'm starting my career as a BA and would like to know whether to focus on UML 1.0 or 2.0? is there a major difference? what is currently used in the workplace

New Post 7/18/2011 7:42 PM
User is offline KJ
243 posts
6th Level Poster

Re: UML 1.0 vs UML 2.0 

Ba Jr.,

It does not really matter which UML you use, as long as your user understands the deliverables. Most BAs use UML Activity diagrams or BPMN diagrams to map process. Usecases are now part of UML 2.0 (I think). State diagrams help with the initial analysis of complex objects etc; Class diagrams for the domain models etc.

Before you start, have a quick read of the ICONIX process, so that you can context UML x.0. see http://www.cdf.utoronto.ca/~csc407h/summer/lectures/week2-iconix.pdf 

warm regards,
K

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  General  UML 1.0 vs UML 2.0

Community Blog - Latest Posts

Praveen Udupa
Praveen Udupa
In my previous blog post titled "All requirements are important!", I reasoned that stakeholders only appear to be uncooperative in the prioritization process. In reality, they are unable to prioritize requirements because they cannot see one requirement more or less important than the other. I urged you to ponder whether ...
2 Responses
Praveen Udupa
Praveen Udupa
This is in continuation of my earlier post on Business Requirement. If you have not read that post, I recommend you take a few minutes to study that first before continuing with this post. In this post, let's discuss Stakeholder Requirement. Some people refer to this as User Requirement, but BABOK's nomenclature is Stakeholder Requi...
0 Responses
Praveen Udupa
Praveen Udupa
Yes, yes...you are right. This is an elephant.  Well, no. This post is not about the elephant. The elephant is used only for symbolism.  And you are right...there are a lot of other similar posts out there. This is my take on this topic. It is different from others. So, what does the elephant stand for? T...
0 Responses

Latest Articles

Beyond Requirements Development
May 23, 2016
1 Comments
So you’ve developed a set of requirements for some portion of your next systems development project. Now what? Experienced project managers and ...
Featured Digital Library Resources 
Copyright 2006-2015 by Modern Analyst Media LLC