Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 7/17/2011 9:56 PM
User is offline BA Jr.
1 posts
No Ranking

UML 1.0 vs UML 2.0 

Hi,

This is my first post so bare with me if I'm posting in the wrong place.

My question is, I'm starting my career as a BA and would like to know whether to focus on UML 1.0 or 2.0? is there a major difference? what is currently used in the workplace

New Post 7/18/2011 8:42 PM
User is offline KJ
243 posts
6th Level Poster

Re: UML 1.0 vs UML 2.0 

Ba Jr.,

It does not really matter which UML you use, as long as your user understands the deliverables. Most BAs use UML Activity diagrams or BPMN diagrams to map process. Usecases are now part of UML 2.0 (I think). State diagrams help with the initial analysis of complex objects etc; Class diagrams for the domain models etc.

Before you start, have a quick read of the ICONIX process, so that you can context UML x.0. see http://www.cdf.utoronto.ca/~csc407h/summer/lectures/week2-iconix.pdf 

warm regards,
K

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  General  UML 1.0 vs UML 2.0

Community Blog - Latest Posts

From Developer in India to Business Analyst Abroad
Business Systems Analyst as a Career Option If you are an IT professional in India, thinking of working abroad, you might want to consider a business/systems analyst position. Why? It’s a position in high demand with high earning potential and which can serve as a great foundation for movin... Read More...

You are not the user : 4 tips to elicit better requirements
I recently had the chance to spend half a day with some customer service representatives (CSR) in one of my organization's call centers, in order to get a better grip on their work and to see how they interact with the multiple systems available to them to better serve our customers. I didn't answe... Read More...

The Case for System Documentation aka "Developer Is No Longer King"
If you are managing a team of business analysts or systems analyst you probably have two main goals in mind:  - to make sure your team understand the requirements (the real ones)  - to make sure that you develop a solution which makes sense in the context of your constraints.  Th... Read More...

Latest Articles

The "RIGHT" and"WRONG" of Design
Jan 29, 2015
0 Comments
People ask me why I seem to be “black and white” on so many issues. Two reasons come to mind: first, I learned early in school that you do...
Featured Digital Library Resources 

brought to you by enabling practitioners & organizations to achieve their goals using:

Copyright 2006-2015 by Modern Analyst Media LLC