Forums for the Business Analyst

Modern Analyst Forums  Careers  Career Advice &...  Company is Growing - How to pitch a need for BA.
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 1/30/2012 7:32 PM
User is offline Jake
1 posts
No Ranking

Company is Growing - How to pitch a need for BA.  

My name is Jake and I am currently working at a small company that has a tracking system for sports events. I am currently working in the operations department with a group of four. I have been working with them for 4 years and recently they have been booming in business. Last year they got a lot of new clients and my job in operations has been getting a lot harder. The company as a whole is experiencing growing pains and the daily operations of the company is in need of change. There was a company meeting recently addressing the issues of performance of the operations department and that opened a window to someone stepping up and accepting more responsibilities. 

They are expecting someone to take a lead role in operations and I want to do that but also pitch a need for a BA.  I think this is a really good opportunity for me but I am confused on how to approach this.

To provide some more information, the company I work for was a group of engineers. They created a product and service and now that they are becoming successful they have no idea what to do on the business aspect.  I want to basically create myself a position in this company as a BA. 

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Modern Analyst Forums  Careers  Career Advice &...  Company is Growing - How to pitch a need for BA.

Community Blog - Latest Posts

Salesforce has established itself as one of the most reputable CRM platforms, providing important customer data to assist businesses in effectively managing their operations. Salesforce is the world's best CRM platform that helps businesses to keep up the data in an arranged or structured manner. Salesforce is the world's most popular...
There are big differences between data exploration versus data presentation. And you need to be aware of these differences as you're creating data stories and data presentations. Let’s start by defining our terms: Data exploration means the deep-dive analysis of data in search of new insights. Data presentation means...
Is Agile a reason to avoid documentation? I bet this question shows up again and again while working with product requirements. On one side, we have got long specifications, complicated diagrams, mystical technical design, too many prototypes and pretty obvious for engineers user guides (do we really need so much?). On the other side, can we actual...

Copyright 2006-2022 by Modern Analyst Media LLC