Forums for the Business Analyst

Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Structured Anal...  Design of online betting system
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 8/28/2012 4:50 AM
User is offline Rafal
2 posts
No Ranking

Design of online betting system 

Hello!

My name is Rafal, I am new to this forum.

Currently I am a Computer Science student, preparing for my exam in Software Engineering.

I am strugging with answering one of the sample questions to the scenario below. My understanding is that the system design approach should probably be a mixture of agile and plan driven elements but - since I've no practical experience - it's hard for me to decide on the balance and tolls that should be used.

I will appreciate any hints from experienced business analysts who were involved in similar kind of projects.

Thank you!

Ray Sing is the owner of “Last Betz", a bookmakers with 7 outlets across Louth and Meath. With the advent of smartphones Ray would now like to allow his clients to place their bets online using their mobile devices. Clients would register for an account and password and would log their credit card details via the Last Betz website. To begin using the facility customers must 'load' their accounts with 100 euros. Any winnings, minus commission, will be placed in the account whilst any losses will be automatically deducted from the account. 
Assuming you have been selected to develop the above system:
How would you approach the design of this system? Discuss the design methods and models you would use.

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Structured Anal...  Design of online betting system

Community Blog - Latest Posts

Alexey Kiselev
Alexey Kiselev
We are writing User Stories to fix the scope and describe - what our application should do when implemented.User Stories are great, because the are: Short, Defining Roles, A great connection of the requirement itself and a business need. User Story declared as a high level definition of the requirement, but it could be used to s...
0 Responses
Ann P
Ann P
What’s the difference between ECBA CCBA and CBAP Certification? Which certification should I pursue ECBA CCBA or CBAP? How do I know which certification is right/suited for me? There are so many certifications I am completely confused which one to pursue? Can you please guide me on which certification should I go for?   These are s...
1 Responses
Simona from Minit
Simona from Minit
Process mapping vs. process discovery is akin to perceived reality vs. reality; the former rooted in subjectivity, the latter rooted in verifiable data. Elements of process mapping creep into process discovery, restricting an absolute dichotomy between the two. However, the critical differentiator between mapping and discovery lies in the distincti...
0 Responses

Latest Articles

Managing requirements is an art mastered by a business analyst
Oct 21, 2018
0 Comments
In a classic business analyst universe, requirements are the soul of all the work a business analyst does. If a business analyst fails to identify and...
Featured Digital Library Resources 
Copyright 2006-2018 by Modern Analyst Media LLC