Forums for the Business Analyst

Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Requirements  Business Analyst tasks.
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 8/13/2019 1:02 PM
Resolved
User is offline rejnzu
1 posts
No Ranking

Business Analyst tasks. 

Hello, 

I`m here to ask for your guidance. Could you help me with solving below task`s for BA.

The key is to find gap`s in requirements and create some questions for the client that request below software:

Taks:

Please analyze following requirement
Background
Measurements allow the Users to enter the key measurements for production.
User can add/change/remove values on Measurement Tab

Acceptance Criteria
Measurement Tab has 3 Measurement Areas:
Heel Height
Lateral Height
Medial Height
Each Measurement Area has 3 fields:
checkbox “Measurement not needed”
number field
Textfield “Exceptions/Comments”
Checkbox “Measurement not needed”
When the checkbox is checked, the system allows “0" values in number field
When the checkbox is unchecked the system does not allow “0” in number field

Thanks so much. 

1 Reports
New Post 8/30/2019 3:07 AM
User is offline Stewart F
96 posts
7th Level Poster

Re: Business Analyst tasks 

Hi Rejnzu, 

Im not altogether sure what it is you are asking here. Is it to see if your Acceptance Criteria is correct (which it isn't by the way), to say what your requirements should be (you need to ask your stakeholders this as we wont know) or what exactly. 

Could you give a little more clarity?

For your information, Acceptance Criteria should be something that is testable and you can say "Yes, it does this" or "no, it doesn't". So for example the AC of a button that prints the screen would be:

"When I click the "Print" button, the whole screen that is visible to the User is printed in Portrait mode and in black and white ink". Yours need to be turned into statements which can be proved to be True or False. 

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Requirements  Business Analyst tasks.

Community Blog - Latest Posts

Nick Stowers
Nick Stowers
Introduction   When I was introduced to scrum, the burndown chart was a tool that was highly emphasised however I feel the purpose has changed from it being a tool to predict (to a certain level) timescales for delivery to a tool that measures a team’s productivity…..in other words, the focus is on the number of points clear...
0 Responses
Jason White
Jason White
New technology is in trend every day and striving to make its mark to be the best. It is not optional to stay exceptional, technology has made lives easy and uncluttered in so many ways that cannot be comprehended. With the latest technologies in the headlines every day, it is Artificial intelligence that is leading the race and being incorporated ...
0 Responses
Digvijaybook
Digvijaybook
The role of a business analyst is to manufacture a piece of art; the piece of art varies depending upon the methodology and techniques being used. Business analyst serves the project all through the beginning until the end and comes up with different pieces of art. It all depends on the case, the business analyst gets involved from the beginning of...
0 Responses

Latest Articles

Think you're a Business Analyst (BA) not a Salesperson? Think again...
Jun 28, 2020
0 Comments
When I began training to be a BA, I never dreamt that I would need to be a salesperson too, in fact, I'm glad I hadn't realized that as it may...
Copyright 2006-2020 by Modern Analyst Media LLC