Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 10/5/2019 11:47 AM
User is offline rupee
1 posts
No Ranking

integration BRD 

hello,

currently working on BRD for lifecycle management. this is for a system transfer from home grown to a different software. and this will be my first BRD can any one help how to proceed? how can i best draft my BRD and what content should i work on?

thank you,

New Post 10/7/2019 12:26 PM
User is offline Usman_chiefoftheglen
6 posts
10th Level Poster

Re: integration BRD 

This is a huge question. Im assuming that you have a BRD template already in your organisation. It should generally have the following sections:

• Project Goals and Objectives
  • Project scope
  • List of Stakeholders
  • Success factors
  • Business Requirements
  • Solution ( to-be processes, technical architecture)
  • Assumptions, Constraints and Risks
  • Quality control measures
Personally, I prefer to start with the business problem and try to work out the stakeholder needs. Then drill down into the specific requirements. This will be your most time consuming and critical areas to complete. You'll need to meet with your stakeholders and go through a coupe of cycles to get the requirements fully documented. 

Once you have those areas covered, move on to the other sections. I suggest you keep the Solution details till last. 

Good Luck!

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Requirements  integration BRD

Community Blog - Latest Posts

Digvijaybook
Digvijaybook
IT companies are rapidly looking or adapting modern methodologies, so the business analyst role is increasing day by day. Offline is shifting to online, and this is why today, companies can easily garner important data in any aspect. But, data itself has no meaning hence, organizations look for a business analyst who can analyze the data and draw a...
0 Responses
Digvijaybook
Digvijaybook
Analytics is the future of the business industry. Businesses and organizations today run on data and its interpretation. Its correct evaluation is the fundamental key to success. And business analysts are the guides to it. It is a very prosperous industry and has a lot of potential for talented people. To even qualify, you require more than just...
2 Responses
Samuel02
Samuel02
With the advent of modern-day cloud infrastructure, many business-critical applications like databases, ERPs, Marketing applications have all moved to the cloud. With this, most of the business-critical data now reside in the cloud. Now that all the business data resides on the cloud, companies need a data warehouse that can seamlessly store the da...
0 Responses

Latest Articles

How Will It Work? The Future How Viewpoint...
Dec 08, 2019
0 Comments
The intention of these viewpoints is to make it easier to see and understand the real business problem. This article focuses on the fourth viewpoint, ...
Copyright 2006-2019 by Modern Analyst Media LLC