Forums for the Business Analyst

Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Business Proces...  Flow Diagram and Actual SYSTEM. Please have a look.
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 3/28/2008 6:39 AM
Unresolved
User is offline anonymous
0 posts
No Ranking

Flow Diagram and Actual SYSTEM. Please have a look.  

I am indeed pleasured to find this portal and the estemmed Members that always reply promptly.

I would like to introduce myself. I am Arpit Mediratta and workin as Business Analyst.

I got stuck in between. I know what to be indulge in but how to represent this, a bit problamatic for me.

Please have a look and let me know how I can go ahead to design one Flow / System Archietecture for a Tourist Management system.

Description: This is something like Guests come from Foreign [outside India/from anywhere]. Now we need one Reporting System that will let know the Indian administraotr that 10 persons are coming on a particular day and the same way Reporting can be done for next 5-10 days.

Now guests have landed at Airport now I need to make sure that a Driver with Cab No and with one more person will go there to receive them. so this will include the CAB / TRANSPORTATION System.

Now they will leave India, we need to arrnage the transportation again that will take them to Air port and the same but reverse procedure will follow.

Now this is the concept but the requirement is to book all things in advance so that through Mailing System, we will keep Admin aware that who are coming, who are leaving, CAB Driver name, Cab No, The person alongwith Driver in CAB and more essentials.

Please let me know how I can make the SYSTEM. I havve designed Flow Diagram and the closed loop of code that will call again and again for bokking CAB or so.

Let me know if someone can contribute.

Note*: Would be appreciable if some one send me any link where I can have a look of reference.

Look forward to hear you by the earliest.

Sincere Regards ,

Arpit

1 Reports
New Post 3/31/2008 11:52 AM
Online now... Adrian M.
739 posts
3rd Level Poster

Re: Flow Diagram and Actual SYSTEM. Please have a look.  

Hi Arpit,

From your thread, it almost looks like you are expecting someone to design the system for you.  Since most folks are very busy with their own projects it might take a long time for you to get an answer.

I would propose another approach.  You should document your requirements in a requirements document and then create a system design document to show how you propose that the system should fulfill the given requirements.

Also - it would help to understand that systems are currently in place.  For this you should create a context diagram which shows the new system (to be designed and built) in the middle and all the other existing systems that the new system is expected to interact with.

Then post those documents in this forum for comments and suggestions.

Hope this helps!

- Adrian

Adrian Marchis
Business Analyst Community Blog - Post your thoughts!

New Post 4/23/2008 8:10 AM
User is offline BP
2 posts
No Ranking

Re: Flow Diagram and Actual SYSTEM. Please have a look.  

You might need to design detail Activity Diagram , since i will help you to understand all process.

I will try to create one on my free time and will send you the link

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Business Proces...  Flow Diagram and Actual SYSTEM. Please have a look.

Community Blog - Latest Posts

TOGAF is a certification that is handed over by The Open Group. It is an open corporate architecture means used to improvise upon the business effectiveness across the world’s leading business set-ups. Aspirants wishing for a successful career in corporate architecture must go for the TOGAF certification in order to explain the...
My Certification Journey – Avoiding a CBAPtism by Fire. Industry Certification has always been one of my career goals. Ever since being first introduced to Business Analysis, the discussion of being certified by the most recognized industry body in this field, the IIBA, has been a consistent topic. This was only reinforced when I was first in...
BPMN 2.0 is a modelling standard that has been around for 10 years now and although it has its foibles it has been recognised as the best for capturing the business logic behind real-life scenarios.  What most people don’t realise is that the standard itself is supported by an XML definition of its objects. What does this mean? Essent...

Upcoming Live Webinars

Copyright 2006-2021 by Modern Analyst Media LLC