Project Members are business analysis practitioners who are looking for an opportunity to contribute to the advancement of the Modern Analyst community and who assume responsibility for a one-time or ongoing Modern Analyst project for a pre-defined period of time. They support the community through activities such as forum participation and moderation, blogging, or one-time Modern Analyst improvement projects. For examples of past projects see our Community Projects page.
Project Member Benefits
Besides being actively involved in the advancement of the business analysis profession, project members enjoy a variety of benefits such as:
- Showcase Your Project Member Status - Display the project member designation on your website, blog, resume, or as an email or forum signature. You can display it wherever it benefits you the most. Additionally, a project member avatar will automatically appear in the Modern Analyst Forums.
- Featured on the Community Spotlight Page - You or your company will benefit from the increased exposure of being featured along with other key community members on the Community Spotlight page.
- Membership Verification - Include the dates of your active project membership on your resume, or wherever else you choose, and prospective employers and interested parties can verify your status by sending an e-mail to membership@ModernAnalyst.com. Simply include the member’s first and last name as well as the dates of membership.
- Co-branded Products and Offerings - Collaborate with Modern Analyst to create co-branded products and other materials that can be offered to the Modern Analyst community such as: white papers, webinars, podcasts, guides, books, etc.
Who can become a Project Member?
If you are involved in the business analysis or systems analysis profession, you are encouraged to apply to become a project member of the Modern Analyst community. Specifically, if you have the skills, background, or ideas that you believe make you suitable for a particular Modern Analyst project we welcome your participation.
If you wish to become a project member, send an e-mail to membership@ModernAnalyst.com and include the following information:
- your first name, last name, organization, and role (business analyst, trainer, professor, etc.),
- your modern analyst user name (to give you access to features available to project members only),
- the Modern Analyst project for which you are interested in assuming responsibility,
- a brief bio of who you are and your experience with business systems analysis,
- your qualifications for the project highlighting skills such as web design, project management, advertising, marketing, editing, etc.
Project Member Responsibilities
General responsibilities expected of the project members include:
- Commit to a specific Modern Analyst project and see it through from beginning to end,
- Provide project updates to Modern Analyst management and other Modern Analyst community members for review.
More Details & Related Information
- Project membership lasts for the duration of the project you are responsible for.
- The usual and customary disclaimers apply: Modern Analyst reserves the right to discontinue a project member’s status and involvement without cause or reason. However, we are reasonable so we don't plan on having to enforce this.
- Modern Analyst reserves the right to turn down a project member application without cause or reason. Though, if time allows, we will always try to provide you with adequate feedback.