Forums for the Business Analyst

Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Vertical Domain...  Consumer Magazine Publishing industry
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 2/17/2012 6:03 PM
User is offline chandra
2 posts
No Ranking

Consumer Magazine Publishing industry 

Can anybody please explain , what is  meant by or  the  full form of  the  following acronyms seen in a  typical P&L account of a magazine  publisher > 1. RDA 2. RDP  3. IPO

New Post 2/18/2012 5:38 AM
User is offline chandra
2 posts
No Ranking

Re: Consumer Magazine Publishing industry 

or may abe  direct  me  to where  I can get this info

New Post 2/18/2012 5:00 PM
User is offline Kimbo
392 posts
5th Level Poster

Hi Chandra,

Have you tried the internet? or maybe wikipedia?

Kimbo

New Post 2/20/2012 7:29 PM
User is offline Adrian M.
711 posts
3rd Level Poster

A quick internet lookup would have releaved your answer:

Retail Display Allowance (RDA) is a fee paid by publishers to qualifying retailers as an incentive for displaying that publisher’s title(s) in its store(s) and to increase sales through better visibility and positioning.

Retail Display Payment (RDP) is sometimes paid instead of RDA. RDP is another form of payment for some checkout titles only.

IPO = Initial Pocket Offerings

Adrian Marchis
Business Analyst Community Blog - Post your thoughts!

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Vertical Domain...  Consumer Magazine Publishing industry

Community Blog - Latest Posts

Praveen Udupa
Praveen Udupa
In my previous blog post titled "All requirements are important!", I reasoned that stakeholders only appear to be uncooperative in the prioritization process. In reality, they are unable to prioritize requirements because they cannot see one requirement more or less important than the other. I urged you to ponder whether ...
2 Responses
Praveen Udupa
Praveen Udupa
This is in continuation of my earlier post on Business Requirement. If you have not read that post, I recommend you take a few minutes to study that first before continuing with this post. In this post, let's discuss Stakeholder Requirement. Some people refer to this as User Requirement, but BABOK's nomenclature is Stakeholder Requi...
0 Responses
Praveen Udupa
Praveen Udupa
Yes, yes...you are right. This is an elephant.  Well, no. This post is not about the elephant. The elephant is used only for symbolism.  And you are right...there are a lot of other similar posts out there. This is my take on this topic. It is different from others. So, what does the elephant stand for? T...
0 Responses

Latest Articles

Beyond Requirements Development
May 23, 2016
1 Comments
So you’ve developed a set of requirements for some portion of your next systems development project. Now what? Experienced project managers and ...
Featured Digital Library Resources 
Copyright 2006-2015 by Modern Analyst Media LLC