Forums for the Business Analyst

Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Vertical Domain...  Consumer Magazine Publishing industry
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 2/17/2012 7:03 PM
User is offline chandra
2 posts
No Ranking

Consumer Magazine Publishing industry 

Can anybody please explain , what is  meant by or  the  full form of  the  following acronyms seen in a  typical P&L account of a magazine  publisher > 1. RDA 2. RDP  3. IPO

New Post 2/18/2012 6:38 AM
User is offline chandra
2 posts
No Ranking

Re: Consumer Magazine Publishing industry 

or may abe  direct  me  to where  I can get this info

New Post 2/18/2012 6:00 PM
User is offline Kimbo
356 posts
5th Level Poster

Hi Chandra,

Have you tried the internet? or maybe wikipedia?

Kimbo

New Post 2/20/2012 8:29 PM
User is offline Adrian M.
703 posts
3rd Level Poster

A quick internet lookup would have releaved your answer:

Retail Display Allowance (RDA) is a fee paid by publishers to qualifying retailers as an incentive for displaying that publisher’s title(s) in its store(s) and to increase sales through better visibility and positioning.

Retail Display Payment (RDP) is sometimes paid instead of RDA. RDP is another form of payment for some checkout titles only.

IPO = Initial Pocket Offerings

Adrian Marchis
Modern Analyst Blog - Featured Business Analyst Blog
Business Analyst Community Blog - Post your thoughts!

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Vertical Domain...  Consumer Magazine Publishing industry

Community Blog - Latest Posts

Employers Should Do More to Train Business Analysts
While the Business Systems Analysis line of work is just beginning to be recognized as a profession of its own, the shortage of business analysts and systems analysts continues to get worse.  And the shortage is global!  Would you believe that India is having a shortage of qualified ... Read More...

The Popcorn Way and the Business Analyst
The problem: Do you know when you’re done? Given a specific project with a reasonably defined charter and clear business goals you, the business analyst, set out to elicit and document the detailed business requirements. So when do you stop? Whether you lead a team of business analysts or y... Read More...

Training to be a Business Analyst
I have over 15 yrs of professional experience as a project manager in architecture and construction industry. I have good transferable skills; analysis, communication, organizing, documenting, etc., that can be applied to BA. I was thinking of doing some training, what training courses might he... Read More...

Upcoming Live Webinars

Latest Articles

What’s Normal about Data Normalization?!
Dec 21, 2014
0 Comments
What is a data normalization? Normalization ensures that each attribute is assigned correctly to its proper entity. And that the attribute does not re...
Featured Digital Library Resources 

brought to you by enabling practitioners & organizations to achieve their goals using:

Copyright 2006-2014 by Modern Analyst Media LLC